Sensei Andrea (Anj) Hilborn started training at Satori Dojo in 2013. She originally joined to foster a bond with her son, Andrew who had been a student in the kids’ class for two years prior. Sensei Anj has since passed her son, earning her black belt in 2020.
With a background in Early Childhood Education, Anj loves assisting in the kids’ class. Being with the kids and getting to know each of them is clearly very important to her. She takes a special interest in assisting to get the kids ready for tournaments, and her presence at the tournament helps both the parents and students feel at ease.
Second to her love of teaching comes Sensei Anj’s love of weapons. She has participated in State, National and even World level competitions fighting with sticks, knives, swords, and staffs. In 2018, she represented the USA at the World Eskrima Kali Arnis Federation World Championships in Hawaii where she won the title of World Champion Knife-fighter!
- 2014 Pinnacle Martial Arts Tournament:
First Place Kata; Second Place Sparring
- 2015 Taiji Fencing Championship: 3rd place
- 2017 Taiji Fencing Championship: 2nd place
- 2018 Southern Shaolin Academy Sparring Weapons Tournament:
First Place Stick; First Place Staff;
First Place Knife; Overall Grand Champion
- 2018 USA WEKAF National East Coast Qualifier:
First Place Knife; First Place Stick; 3rd Place Staff
- 2018 World Eskrima Kali Arnis Federation World Championship,
Lahaska Hawaii: Second place Padded Stick;
World Champion Padded Knife
- 2022 Undefeated Padded Weapons (stick, sword, staff) Women’s Champion (Philadelphia)